OWNER SURRENDERS: Due to the high volume of owner surrenders we require a $ 50.00 donation to list your dog.
Please understand that our first priority is to those dogs in shelters needing our help.
When we have foster space available we do take owner surrenders. If there is no foster space we can still work with you on finding a new home for your dog, as long as the dog is suitable to be re-homed.
If WGSPR is listing a dog as a courtesy post, the dog must be spayed/neutered. We will not list unaltered dogs on our website. The owner must stay in contact with WGSPR or we will pull the listing from our site. We ask that owners update us if they have found additional placement.
Requirements for surrendering:
1. Have no history of bites or aggression towards humans.
2. Be up to date on all shots, including a recent heart worm test, and must be on heart worm preventative.
3. Your pet must be altered (depending on age)
4. Pass a temperment evaluation
WI GSP Rescue Surrender process
1. Complete our surrender agreement.
2. WGSPR will contact you to discuss surrendering your dog.
3. Evaluation of the dog will be schedule with one of our volunteers.
4. Following the evaluation, the dog will either be matched to an appropriate adopter or placed in foster care if available. If we do not have available foster homes and the dog is able to stay with the owner we will ask that the dog remain with the owner until a permanent home can be found.
5. If the dog remains in the home until a direct adoption occurs the surrendering family may NOT pursue other placement options.
PLEASE CONTACT US VIA EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org for a surrender form.